IPL 6 players auction in January 2013
Mumbai: The players auction for the sixth edition of Indian Premier League will be held in January 2013 either in Chennai or Kolkata.
According to sources in the IPL, the auction would take place either on January 12 in Chennai or eight days later in Kolkata. This was decided by the IPL, headed by Rajeev Shukla, which met in Mumbai on Wednesday.
The participation of Pakistani players in the auction, paving the way for their re-entry into the cash-rich T20 tournament, will be decided by the IPL governing council at its next meeting before the players` auction.
Pakistani cricketers, who played in the inaugural season in 2007, were kept out of the IPL players auction since the Mumbai terror attacks in 2008.
Meanwhile, Kings XI Punjab has decided to pay a penalty of Rs. 1 crore to the Cricket Board and bury their differences after they had dragged the BCCI to the court for arbitration proceedings following the termination their contract for alleged breach of regulations.
"Kings XI have sorted out their differences with BCCI by deciding to pay the penalty," a source said.
Kings XI Punjab will continue to be part of IPL pending the completion of the arbitration proceedings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi