IPL Spot-fixing: Delhi Police arrest main bookie Jitendra Singh
New Delhi: Delhi Police arrests Jitendra Singh alias Jeetu, alleged main bookie in IPL spot fixing scam.
He was arrested from Ahmedabad and will be produced in Saket Court shortly.
Chandresh Patel who was arrested earlier by the Delhi Police was working with Jitendra.
Earlier on Wednesday, hearing on the bail pleas of suspended Rajasthan Royals' player Ajit Chandila and two others in the IPL spot-fixing scandal case was deferred by a Delhi court today till July 1.
Besides Chandila, Additional Sessions Judge Raj Rani Mitra also adjourned the hearing on the bail applications of accused bookies Ramesh Vyas and Deepak Kumar.
Police has opposed the bail applications, saying the accused should not be granted relief as they were following the command of underworld don Dawood Ibrahim and Chhota Shakeel and were running the syndicate at their behest in south and north India.
The Delhi Police on May 16 had arrested three cricketers — S Sreesanth, Chandila and Ankeet Chavan of Rajasthan Royals' — on charges of spot-fixing.
The Delhi Police had slapped provisions of Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) on Sreesanth, Chandila, Chavan and on 25 others in the case, alleging that they were acting under the command of Dawood and Chhota Shakeel.
In the same case, the court had on June 10 granted bail to Sreesanth, Chavan and 19 others on the ground of lack of evidence against them to be charged under MCOCA. At present, seven accused are in jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- NASA astronaut Jeff Williams' camera zooms in on alluring views of these two places! - See pics
- Nico Rosberg surprised to see teammate Lewis Hamilton finishing 3rd in Belgian GP
- See pic: Cassini captures delicate glow on Saturn's ring!
- Mamata urges people to oppose strike, government warns absentees of action
- India, Myanmar agree to increase bilateral cooperation