IPL Spot-fixing: Emergent BCCI meet on N Srinivasan’s future today
Zee Media Bureau
Chennai: N Srinivasan’s fate as the BCCI chief in wake of the IPL spot-fixing and betting scandal will be sealed in a crucial meeting of the board in Chennai today.
The meeting wil be held at 2:30 pm today.
Meanwhile, the conditions laid down by Srinivasan before stepping aside have reportedly been rejected by the BCCI.
It is all but certain that Srinivasan will have to step down from the president`s post paying heed to the popular demand from the affiliated units, it is learnt that the Tamil Nadu strongman wants three of his demands to be met before he quits.
Srinivasan`s three demands are that he should be reinstated as President if he comes out clean after the probe, that he should represent India in ICC meetings and that secretary Sanjay Jagdale and Treasurer Ajay Shirke should not be in the new panel as they had ditched him.
Following the decision to prepond the meeting by a week, IPL chairman Rajeev Shukla announced his resignation from the post revelations of spot-fixing.
Shukla has said that he made this decision after taking into account the resignations of BCCI treasurer Ajay Shirke and BCCI Secretary Sanjay Jagdale.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Pranab Mukherjee has been guardian, mentor to me: PM Modi
- Ridiculously funny video: Man shows his dance moves in middle of busy Mumbai street - Watch
- From Sept 1, rail passengers to get Rs 10 lakh insurace cover for premium of just Re 1
- Yahoo-Verizon deal: I plan to stay on with the company, says CEO Marissa Mayer
- Harsimrat's charge of my misbehaviour with her 'wild': Ramesh