IPL spot-fixing: Police to conduct more raids today
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi Police is likely to conduct more raids today in connection with the IPL spot-fixing scandal.
The Police is assured of recovering the spot-fixing money within 24 hours and has sent its team to Ahmedabad and Mumbai.
On the other hand, the Jaipur Police will be submitting call records of different bookies. It has seized 300 mobiles in the past two months belonging to different bookies.
The three cricketers arrested so far in related to the spot-fixing scandal that has rocked the Indian Premier League, have reportedly confessed to the crime.
IPL chief, Rajiv Shukla finally broke his silence on Friday night saying the BCCI will take strict action against those found guilty.
Six bookies were held in Tamil Nadu on Friday in connection with another IPL betting racket and one each picked up in Mumbai and Delhi. 11 bookies were arrested earlier along with cricketers Sreesanth, Ankit Chavan and Ajit Chandila.
The investigators said that some of the previous matches were also being examined by the Delhi police as the arrested accused have indicated that they too had been fixed at the instance of bookies.
Police said there were also suspicions about a match in the previous year of the IPL tournament in which the Rajasthan Royals lost a match after its two batsmen could not score 12 runs in 12 balls even when eight wickets were in hand.
This input came after an arrested bookie Amit Singh, who played in the last IPL edition for Rajasthan Royals and was not allowed to participate this time due to a suspected bowling action, flagged doubts about it during interrogation.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- 7th Pay Commission: Unions reject Centre's pay hike, threaten to go on strike
- It's a 'happy-sad feeling' for Anushka Sharma as 'Phillauri' shoot comes to an end!
- Lankan Navy damages seven boats of Tamil Nadu fishermen
- At least 18 killed by a roadside bomb in Somalia
- 'Too much' or 'too little' sleep can raise diabetes risk in men