Klusener backs Morne Van Wyk to open for Proteas in ODIs
Johannesburg: Former South African cricket player Lance Klusener has said that Dolphins skipper Morne van Wyk should be opening the batting for the national team in the one-day internationals right now.
According to Sport24, Klusener said that Van Wyk had regularly got his domestic team off to a flyer and not only does he think that the player can represent South Africa regularly but that he can slot into the one-day side very soon.
The former Proteas player added that he would have Hashim Amla bat at number 3, as they have regularly used makeshift opening batsmen.
Klusener also said Van Wyk might not be a bad option as glove man behind the stumps, as that would give AB de Villiers an opportunity of fielding in the inner ring, where he could add value to the fielding as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air