Knight Riders Vs Kings XI: Statistical highlights
Kolkata: Statistical highlights of the Indian Premier League between Kolkata Knight Riders and Kings XI Punjab at the Eden Gardens.
• Gautam Gambhir is the first batsman to aggregate 250 runs for Kolkata in the fourth edition of the IPL - 254 at an average of 50.80 in eight matches.
• Jacques Kallis (245) and Manoj Tiwary (228) are the next two players for Kolkata in terms of run-aggregate in the IPL 4.
• Iqbal Abdulla has become the first Kolkata bowler to bag ten wickets (ave.16.10) in eight games for Kolkata Knight Riders in the IPL 4. Only Lasith Malinga has bagged more wickets than Abdulla - 17 at 9.64 runs apiece.
• With nine wickets at an average of 14.44 in eight matches, Yusuf Pathan has the next highest tally for Kolkata in the fourth edition of the IPL.
• Paul Valthaty is the leading run-getter for Punjab in the IPL 4 - 268 at an average of 53.60 in six matches.
• Dinesh Karthik (42 off 42 balls) has recorded his highest innings in the IPL 4.
• Adam Gilchrist has become the third highest scorer in the IPL, aggregating 1397 at an average of 27.39 in 52 matches. Only Suresh Raina (1528) and Sachin Tendulkar (1446) have amassed more runs than Gilchrist.
• Bhargav Bhatt has captured four wickets at an average of 19.25 in four matches in the IPL, the strike rate being 7.70.
• Praveen Kumar is the leading wicket-taker for Punjab, capturing six wickets at 29.16 runs apiece in six matches in the IPL 4.
• Iqbal Abdulla (2/19) has got the Man of the Match award for the first time in the IPL.
• Gautam Gambhir and Manoj Tiwary were involved in a match-winning unbroken third-wicket partnership of 85 - Kolkata`s highest against Punjab in the IPL.
• Eoin Morgan (28 off 15 balls) has posted his highest innings in the IPL 4.
• Kolkata Knight Riders, with ten points in eight matches are at the top of the charts due to their better Net run Rate as compared to Mumbai Indians.
• Kolkata and Mumbai are the only two teams to have registered five victories in the IPL 5.