Kumble bats for Harbhajan`s inclusion in Indian squad
Bangalore: Former captain Anil Kumble today pitched in for the inclusion of Harbhajan Singh in the Indian squad for the home series against Australia and England later this year, saying that veteran off-spinner`s experience would be crucial for the fortunes of the country.
"Harbhajan is an exceptional bowler and he has served the country well. He should be in the scheme of things if India has to do well against Australia and England who are coming later this year. He will complement the current two spinners (Ravichandran Ashwin and Pragyan Ojha)," Kumble said.
"His (Harbhajan`s) experience will be important for India against Australia and England. He has taken more than 600 international wickets," Kumble said while doing guest commentary on the third day of the cricket Test between India and New Zealand at the Chinnaswamy Stadium here.
After spending more than a year in the wilderness, Harbhajan was named in the Indian squad for the Twenty20 World Cup, to be held in Sri Lanka from September 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what