Kumble bats for Harbhajan`s inclusion in Indian squad
Bangalore: Former captain Anil Kumble today pitched in for the inclusion of Harbhajan Singh in the Indian squad for the home series against Australia and England later this year, saying that veteran off-spinner`s experience would be crucial for the fortunes of the country.
"Harbhajan is an exceptional bowler and he has served the country well. He should be in the scheme of things if India has to do well against Australia and England who are coming later this year. He will complement the current two spinners (Ravichandran Ashwin and Pragyan Ojha)," Kumble said.
"His (Harbhajan`s) experience will be important for India against Australia and England. He has taken more than 600 international wickets," Kumble said while doing guest commentary on the third day of the cricket Test between India and New Zealand at the Chinnaswamy Stadium here.
After spending more than a year in the wilderness, Harbhajan was named in the Indian squad for the Twenty20 World Cup, to be held in Sri Lanka from September 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'