A Brazilian sports tribunal has kicked Gremio out of the Brazil Cup after some of their fans racially abused a rival player, a spokesman for the tribunal said on Wednesday.
Indian football captain Sunil Chhetri said playing against arch-rivals Pakistan was "always special", as his team geared up for an ice-breaking two-match series starting Sunday.
Did you know that your favourite sport could lead you to a successful career path? Gauri Rane finds out why despite being popular in India sports has found few takers.
The Delhi High Court Monday issued notice to Hindu College on a plea by an admission seeker against scrapping of the five percent quota for admission to undergraduate courses for sportspersons and for extra-curricular activities (ECA).
Australia`s Daniel Fox took gold in the para-sport 200m freestyle S14 at the Commonwealth Games on Saturday.
Rapper Lil Wayne is reportedly getting ready to launch his own sports management company and Portuguese soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo is said to be the first client on the roster.
Isotonic beverages that soccer players and other sportsmen usually drink during breaks in matches do not improve their performance in the second half, media said Friday, quoting a scientific study.
The public has loads of expectations from the new Indian government led by Narendra Modi. Actor Suniel Shetty hopes it boosts sports as a career option.
Super rapper Yo Yo Honey Singh is on to another league, literally. After starting his Global Fighting Championship (GFC), a boxing league in Dubai, the singer has plans to bring the "mother of all boxing events" to India.
Bollywood star Abhishek Bachchan, a sports enthusiast, Tuesday announced the launch of the first official online store of the National Basketball Association (NBA) at an event here.
Actress Kate Hudson, who loves sports, doesn`t mind setting new goals to stay fit.
Social pressures shouldn’t restrict any woman to pursue a career in sports, said a former international volleyball player who believes sports has the power to empower women.
Miranda Kerr has stripped down naked for Reebok`s new raunchy commercial.
Two former South African cricket ers have slammed at sports minister Fikile Mbalula after he threatened to withdraw national teams from competing internationally if they do not agree to 60-40 quotas in sports favouring black players.
A South African civil rights body and trade union have said that they will oppose the implementation of 60-40 quotas in sports favouring black players.
Superstar Salman Khan feels India should aim to produce medal-winning athletes by encouraging sports and help the talented ones to unlock their potential through coaching.
A new study has revealed that practicing sport for more than an hour day reduces the risk of contracting breast cancer in women of all ages.
American researchers have reportedly developed a new way to detect performance-enhancing drugs, which they claim is `1,000 times more sensitive` than current tests.
A new study has found that the risk of severe neck and head injuries is higher when it comes to extreme sports.
Uttar Pradesh Sports Minister Narad Rai today charged the previous BSP regime with ruining the sporting culture in the State by setting up memorials and parks where stadiums earlier stood.
Claiming that all sports bodies including IOA are in "doldrums" and "controlled by businessmen and politicians", Digvijay Singh today made a strong pitch for only sportspersons having represented their states being their members.
A new study has suggested that boys who get involved in sports in their high schools are more active and healthy in their older age than those who don`t.
The Madras High Court on Thursday issued notices to Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, New Delhi, Sports Development Authority of Tamil Nadu and Indian Olympic Association.
Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar on Friday supported Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s view that politics and sport should not be mixed.
Senior Odisha Congress leader Niranjan Patnaik Friday urged the central government to take immediate measures to delink sports from politics.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday said sports bodies should be administered by sportspersons and not by politicians.
The crucial Lausanne meeting between the Indian officials and the International Olympic Committee to find a way for the country`s return to the Olympic fold will proceed as per schedule on May 15 despite the dramatic pull-out of IOA acting president V K Malhotra and IOC member Randhir Singh.
Former light welterweight champion Amir Khan has reportedly said that he will not allow his children to take up boxing as a sport for their living.
Indians fans will get to witness some high-flying acrobatic moves of the world`s best Sepaktakraw players when the country hosts the sport`s biggest event, the Super Series, for the first time in the month of August.
Paralympic Committee of India`s treasurer Gursharan Singh has been suspended for alleged misappropriation of government funds pending inquiry, the body said on Thursday.
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe