New Zealand captain Brendon McCullum will retire from test cricket after the two-match series against Australia in February, the New Zealand Herald reported on Tuesday.
FIFA`s suspended president Sepp Blatter says the world body`s ethics watchdog have dropped corruption charges against him over a suspect two million dollar payment.
The shocked mother of Australian surfing champion Mick Fanning Monday said she thought she had lost another son when a huge shark attacked him during a televised competition in South Africa.
A Brazilian sports tribunal has kicked Gremio out of the Brazil Cup after some of their fans racially abused a rival player, a spokesman for the tribunal said on Wednesday.
Indian football captain Sunil Chhetri said playing against arch-rivals Pakistan was "always special", as his team geared up for an ice-breaking two-match series starting Sunday.
Did you know that your favourite sport could lead you to a successful career path? Gauri Rane finds out why despite being popular in India sports has found few takers.
The Delhi High Court Monday issued notice to Hindu College on a plea by an admission seeker against scrapping of the five percent quota for admission to undergraduate courses for sportspersons and for extra-curricular activities (ECA).
Australia`s Daniel Fox took gold in the para-sport 200m freestyle S14 at the Commonwealth Games on Saturday.
Rapper Lil Wayne is reportedly getting ready to launch his own sports management company and Portuguese soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo is said to be the first client on the roster.
Isotonic beverages that soccer players and other sportsmen usually drink during breaks in matches do not improve their performance in the second half, media said Friday, quoting a scientific study.
The public has loads of expectations from the new Indian government led by Narendra Modi. Actor Suniel Shetty hopes it boosts sports as a career option.
Super rapper Yo Yo Honey Singh is on to another league, literally. After starting his Global Fighting Championship (GFC), a boxing league in Dubai, the singer has plans to bring the "mother of all boxing events" to India.
Bollywood star Abhishek Bachchan, a sports enthusiast, Tuesday announced the launch of the first official online store of the National Basketball Association (NBA) at an event here.
Actress Kate Hudson, who loves sports, doesn`t mind setting new goals to stay fit.
Social pressures shouldn’t restrict any woman to pursue a career in sports, said a former international volleyball player who believes sports has the power to empower women.
Miranda Kerr has stripped down naked for Reebok`s new raunchy commercial.
Two former South African cricket ers have slammed at sports minister Fikile Mbalula after he threatened to withdraw national teams from competing internationally if they do not agree to 60-40 quotas in sports favouring black players.
A South African civil rights body and trade union have said that they will oppose the implementation of 60-40 quotas in sports favouring black players.
Superstar Salman Khan feels India should aim to produce medal-winning athletes by encouraging sports and help the talented ones to unlock their potential through coaching.
A new study has revealed that practicing sport for more than an hour day reduces the risk of contracting breast cancer in women of all ages.
American researchers have reportedly developed a new way to detect performance-enhancing drugs, which they claim is `1,000 times more sensitive` than current tests.
A new study has found that the risk of severe neck and head injuries is higher when it comes to extreme sports.
Uttar Pradesh Sports Minister Narad Rai today charged the previous BSP regime with ruining the sporting culture in the State by setting up memorials and parks where stadiums earlier stood.
Claiming that all sports bodies including IOA are in "doldrums" and "controlled by businessmen and politicians", Digvijay Singh today made a strong pitch for only sportspersons having represented their states being their members.
A new study has suggested that boys who get involved in sports in their high schools are more active and healthy in their older age than those who don`t.
The Madras High Court on Thursday issued notices to Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, New Delhi, Sports Development Authority of Tamil Nadu and Indian Olympic Association.
Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar on Friday supported Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s view that politics and sport should not be mixed.
Senior Odisha Congress leader Niranjan Patnaik Friday urged the central government to take immediate measures to delink sports from politics.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday said sports bodies should be administered by sportspersons and not by politicians.
The crucial Lausanne meeting between the Indian officials and the International Olympic Committee to find a way for the country`s return to the Olympic fold will proceed as per schedule on May 15 despite the dramatic pull-out of IOA acting president V K Malhotra and IOC member Randhir Singh.
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- Five students in Agra invent cycle that runs on fuel
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- DNA: Analysis of deaths in road accidents in year 2014
- Bus falls into river in Gujarat's Navsari; 15 students reported dead
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- DNA: Today in History | February 5, 2016
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women - Part III
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women - Part II
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- International Fleet Review in Bay of Bengal
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- Earthquake of 5.2 magnitude jolts Nepal, 15 hurt; tremors felt in Bihar
- Rags to riches: Bihar welder's son bags Rs 1 crore job offer with Microsoft
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Indian Premier League: List of players bought by franchises at Saturday's auction
- Will teach a lesson to mastermind of Pathankot airbase attack, says Parrikar
- Indian cricketers are getting married in Twenty20 mode
- Caught-on-camera: Most horrifying, deadly snake bites on human – Watch video
- Woah! Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur to share longest kiss in 'Fitoor'
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly