The shocked mother of Australian surfing champion Mick Fanning Monday said she thought she had lost another son when a huge shark attacked him during a televised competition in South Africa.
A Brazilian sports tribunal has kicked Gremio out of the Brazil Cup after some of their fans racially abused a rival player, a spokesman for the tribunal said on Wednesday.
Indian football captain Sunil Chhetri said playing against arch-rivals Pakistan was "always special", as his team geared up for an ice-breaking two-match series starting Sunday.
Did you know that your favourite sport could lead you to a successful career path? Gauri Rane finds out why despite being popular in India sports has found few takers.
The Delhi High Court Monday issued notice to Hindu College on a plea by an admission seeker against scrapping of the five percent quota for admission to undergraduate courses for sportspersons and for extra-curricular activities (ECA).
Australia`s Daniel Fox took gold in the para-sport 200m freestyle S14 at the Commonwealth Games on Saturday.
Rapper Lil Wayne is reportedly getting ready to launch his own sports management company and Portuguese soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo is said to be the first client on the roster.
Isotonic beverages that soccer players and other sportsmen usually drink during breaks in matches do not improve their performance in the second half, media said Friday, quoting a scientific study.
The public has loads of expectations from the new Indian government led by Narendra Modi. Actor Suniel Shetty hopes it boosts sports as a career option.
Super rapper Yo Yo Honey Singh is on to another league, literally. After starting his Global Fighting Championship (GFC), a boxing league in Dubai, the singer has plans to bring the "mother of all boxing events" to India.
Bollywood star Abhishek Bachchan, a sports enthusiast, Tuesday announced the launch of the first official online store of the National Basketball Association (NBA) at an event here.
Actress Kate Hudson, who loves sports, doesn`t mind setting new goals to stay fit.
Social pressures shouldn’t restrict any woman to pursue a career in sports, said a former international volleyball player who believes sports has the power to empower women.
Miranda Kerr has stripped down naked for Reebok`s new raunchy commercial.
Two former South African cricket ers have slammed at sports minister Fikile Mbalula after he threatened to withdraw national teams from competing internationally if they do not agree to 60-40 quotas in sports favouring black players.
A South African civil rights body and trade union have said that they will oppose the implementation of 60-40 quotas in sports favouring black players.
Superstar Salman Khan feels India should aim to produce medal-winning athletes by encouraging sports and help the talented ones to unlock their potential through coaching.
A new study has revealed that practicing sport for more than an hour day reduces the risk of contracting breast cancer in women of all ages.
American researchers have reportedly developed a new way to detect performance-enhancing drugs, which they claim is `1,000 times more sensitive` than current tests.
A new study has found that the risk of severe neck and head injuries is higher when it comes to extreme sports.
Uttar Pradesh Sports Minister Narad Rai today charged the previous BSP regime with ruining the sporting culture in the State by setting up memorials and parks where stadiums earlier stood.
Claiming that all sports bodies including IOA are in "doldrums" and "controlled by businessmen and politicians", Digvijay Singh today made a strong pitch for only sportspersons having represented their states being their members.
A new study has suggested that boys who get involved in sports in their high schools are more active and healthy in their older age than those who don`t.
The Madras High Court on Thursday issued notices to Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, New Delhi, Sports Development Authority of Tamil Nadu and Indian Olympic Association.
Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar on Friday supported Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s view that politics and sport should not be mixed.
Senior Odisha Congress leader Niranjan Patnaik Friday urged the central government to take immediate measures to delink sports from politics.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday said sports bodies should be administered by sportspersons and not by politicians.
The crucial Lausanne meeting between the Indian officials and the International Olympic Committee to find a way for the country`s return to the Olympic fold will proceed as per schedule on May 15 despite the dramatic pull-out of IOA acting president V K Malhotra and IOC member Randhir Singh.
Former light welterweight champion Amir Khan has reportedly said that he will not allow his children to take up boxing as a sport for their living.
Indians fans will get to witness some high-flying acrobatic moves of the world`s best Sepaktakraw players when the country hosts the sport`s biggest event, the Super Series, for the first time in the month of August.
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- DNA: Analysis on ISIS preparing to attack India
- Floods create havoc in several parts of India
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution-Part 2
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Asaram Bapu shown as 'saint' in Rajasthan school book
- What is the mystery behind Lord Krishna temple in Nidhivan
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Watch video: 164 skydivers form largest ever vertical formation, set new world record
- Osama bin Laden's family members reportedly killed in private jet crash in Britain
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- This is how Urdu media reported Yakub Memon's hanging
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub Memon's wife, sacked
- India wants APJ Abdul Kalam on currency notes
- ISIS horror: Militants gives 4-yr-old boy sword, tells him 'this is to kill your mother'