Langer says Johnson`s career `far from over`
Sydney: Former Australian opener Justin Langer has come out in support of discarded left-arm fast-bowler Mitchell Johnson, saying his international cricket career is far from over, following Johnson not making it for the Ashes tour in England.
The domestic Western Australia (WA) team, where Johnson plays, has highlighted Johnson`s omission by pointing out that there is a lack of warriors among the Australian cricket team for the July-August series.
However, Langer said that he believes that there is a lot of cricket still left in Johnson, who, he added had limited opportunities in India and would have yearned to win the Ashes. Langer has further said that losing the Ashes consistently would have disappointed the seasoned campaigner to a great extent.
Stating that there is a lot of resilience in Johnson, Langer believes that the pacer`s experience should never be undermined. Meanwhile, Langer is disappointed over Western Australia not making it to the Sheffield Shield final with a win over Queensland. He said that there was a need for changing cricketing work ethics to not only to win trophies, but also to produce great cricketers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city