Morkel planning ‘barrage of bouncers’ to hassle ‘in form’ Clarke
Sydney: South African fast bowler Morne Morkel has said they are planning to bowl plenty of short deliveries to Australian batsmen, especially in from Michael Clarke, in the second Test match at Adelaide in a desperate bid to safeguard their world number one status.
It might seem a tactic to disrupt Clarke``s supreme batting form after his unbeaten 259 in Brisbane, but all four Proteas pacemen caused him some uncomfortable moments with bouncers at the Gabba.
Clarke built his innings on an array of sublime drives and feasted on anything wide, as the quicks failed to exploit his occasional awkwardness ducking or swaying away from the short balls, but Morkel is determined to make amends in the Adelaide Test.
“Any batsman struggles with the short ball so we`ll come up with game plans and start working on those sort of things. But that is the plan, to always use the short ball,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Morkel, as saying.
“We`ve got two an over, so why not use it? The thing is to use it in a clever way and go from there,” he added.
“``We need to create more pressure and stop him [Clarke] from rotating the strike, that will be the key,” he said.
Morkel also added South Africa`s fancied quicks would have to lift their game to protect the nation`s No. 1 ranking.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490