New ICC rules in domestic cricket beginning Challengers Trophy
New Delhi: The newly amended rules of the ICC for international matches will be applied in all the senior-level domestic tournaments, beginning from the NKP Salve Challenger Trophy to be held in Nagpur from October 10-13, the BCCI said on Friday.
"The NKP Salve Challenger Trophy, to be hosted by the VCA from 10 October 2011 to 13 October 2011, will be played under the amended playing conditions that the ICC brought into effect for all international matches, on 1 October 2011," a BCCI release said.
"All senior-level domestic matches and tournaments organized by the BCCI will now be played under the amended playing conditions," the release said.
The amendments include the use of two balls, instead of one, in each one-day innings, barring of use of runners in all formats of the game, batsman being given out for obstructing a fielder on appeal from the fielding team and changes in `Powerplay` over rules.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past