New ICC rules in domestic cricket beginning Challengers Trophy
New Delhi: The newly amended rules of the ICC for international matches will be applied in all the senior-level domestic tournaments, beginning from the NKP Salve Challenger Trophy to be held in Nagpur from October 10-13, the BCCI said on Friday.
"The NKP Salve Challenger Trophy, to be hosted by the VCA from 10 October 2011 to 13 October 2011, will be played under the amended playing conditions that the ICC brought into effect for all international matches, on 1 October 2011," a BCCI release said.
"All senior-level domestic matches and tournaments organized by the BCCI will now be played under the amended playing conditions," the release said.
The amendments include the use of two balls, instead of one, in each one-day innings, barring of use of runners in all formats of the game, batsman being given out for obstructing a fielder on appeal from the fielding team and changes in `Powerplay` over rules.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list