New ODI rules bowlers` nightmare: Jayawardene
Colombo: Sri Lankan captain Mahela Jayawardene on Monday said that the new ODI rules which came into force in the ongoing Sri Lanka-New Zealand series were a bowlers` nightmare.
He was addressing reporters in Kandy ahead of tomorrow`s third ODI against the Kiwis.
"The rule which makes mandatory for five fielders inside the circle has brought in added pressure on bowlers," Jayawardene said.
He said that sides need to be stronger in batting as in a chase they would have to be on pursuit of bigger targets.
"It is difficult for the bowlers to do well. They come under added pressure as boundaries would be easy to come by with just four fielders permitted outside in the non power play overs," Jayawardene said.
The ICC made changes in the existing rules, including those in ODI cricket, which came into force in the current Sri Lanka-New Zealand series.
Jayawardene said Sri Lanka need to adjust to the new rules.
The team had experimented a few plans to suit the new rules in the second ODI yesterday which Sri Lanka won to take a 1-0 lead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India