Oz will see why Proteas pace attack is world’s most feared: Steyn
Johannesburg: South Africa fast bowler Dale Steyn has claimed they will show at the WACA in Perth against Australia why they are considered as the best bowling line-up in world cricket.
Steyn said they simply cannot afford not to fire on all cylinders with the world No 1 crown at stake.
South Africa`s bowlers struggled in the first two drawn Tests, taking only 23 out of a possible 40 Australian wickets.
“It was two Tests in which we didn`t fare to well, but it wasn`t for a lack of trying. Just like the batsmen try to score a century in every Test, we (bowlers) also aim for five wickets or more - especially against the best teams in the world in one of the toughest touring destinations,” Sports24 quoted Steyn, as saying.
South Africa will surrender their No 1 Test ranking to the home side if they lose the final Test, and Steyn said that thought has spurred the bowlers to up their performances.
“There`s a lot more urgency because we realise the whole series now depends on what happens in the next five days. Hopefully we can get our bowling right from the get go in Perth,” said Steyn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III