Oz will see why Proteas pace attack is world’s most feared: Steyn
Johannesburg: South Africa fast bowler Dale Steyn has claimed they will show at the WACA in Perth against Australia why they are considered as the best bowling line-up in world cricket.
Steyn said they simply cannot afford not to fire on all cylinders with the world No 1 crown at stake.
South Africa`s bowlers struggled in the first two drawn Tests, taking only 23 out of a possible 40 Australian wickets.
“It was two Tests in which we didn`t fare to well, but it wasn`t for a lack of trying. Just like the batsmen try to score a century in every Test, we (bowlers) also aim for five wickets or more - especially against the best teams in the world in one of the toughest touring destinations,” Sports24 quoted Steyn, as saying.
South Africa will surrender their No 1 Test ranking to the home side if they lose the final Test, and Steyn said that thought has spurred the bowlers to up their performances.
“There`s a lot more urgency because we realise the whole series now depends on what happens in the next five days. Hopefully we can get our bowling right from the get go in Perth,” said Steyn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Film with Alia Bhatt not typical hero-heroine one: Shah Rukh Khan
- IPL 9: Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders – Probably playing XIs; players to watch out for
- Amazing! Village in China painted with 3D colours to attract tourists; See PICS
- Vital facts about Kangana Ranaut's leaked image suppressed: Hrithik Roshan's camp
- Sunita Williams, team to ensure safe cargo flights to ISS