Pak police denies `banned` Asif`s claims of being `robbed at gunpoint`
Islamabad: Police in Pakistan has denied claims by banned pace bowler Mohammad Asif that he was robbed of cash and valuables at gunpoint.
Asif, who was given a seven-year ban, with two of them suspended by the International Cricket Council (ICC) in 2011, was released from a British prison in May last year after serving half of a one-year term for his part in bowling deliberate no-balls during a Lord`s test against England in 2010, the Daily Times reports.
Stating that the incident took place near Lahore airport in the early morning, Asif said that four armed robbers took Rs.92,000, his wallet containing cards, his passport and his expensive watch, adding that he had filed a report with the police station of the area.
Terming the incident as `nerve-wracking`, Asif further said even though he had been through a lot in the last two years because of the spot-fixing scandal, he was more shaken by this incident because of the fact that the robbers had pointed guns at his face.
However, the police denied the claims by the controversial cricketer, saying that the incident was a result of a personal dispute and not a robbery
Meanwhile, the local police department has also lodged a case against Asif for causing damages at a local restaurant, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened