Pat Cummins in overdrive mood to be fit for Pak T20 series
Sydney: Australian cricketer Pat Cummins, who is out with a side strain, is aiming to return for the Twenty20 series against Pakistan next month.
Cummins, 19, was injured in the first one-day international against England at Lord’s in June. Since arriving home, the fast bowler has resumed training with the New South Wales cricket squad, reports The Nation.
"(The injury) is going well. Hopefully, I will have my first bowl back in a week or so," Cummins said.
"I have got a week camp up in Darwin with the Aussie side, and hopefully after that, I will be all right to go for the T20s in Pakistan. Everything is on track at the moment - the main thing is the T20 World Cup straight after that," he added.
``I have been training every day in the city with NSW and car pooling with (Penrith and Blues team-mate) Joshy Lalor, which is enjoyable,`` he further said.
Despite Cummins` meteoric rise, he claimed he is no certainty to play in a Test match for Australia this summer.
``There are a lot of great guys around who are probably ahead of me at this stage,`` he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka