Pietersen hopes to be back for NZ tour
New Delhi: Out of favour England batsman Kevin Pietersen tweeted Friday that he hopes to make a comeback for England`s tour to New Zealand in February 2013.
In a reply to his friend Kiwi rugby player Dan Carter on the micro-blogging site, Pietersen tweeted: "Yep, @DanCarter DONE big guy. Hoping alls sorted & I`m on the NZ tour in Feb. If so I`ll bring you a gun of a bat!"
Carter, who had asked Pietersen for a new bat as the old one he presented had broken, also posted a picture of the broken bat on the site.
"@kevinpp24 I`m keen 4 a new bat tho. Smashed ur last 1 u gave me."
Pietersen, 32, is currently an expert commentator on TV in the ongoing World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka.
He also wished West Indies batsman Chris Gayle on his birthday tweeting: "A very happy birthday to my great mate @henrygayle! Who wants to see me interview him on ESPN Star Cricket? Please pressure him people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj