Pietersen hopes to be back for NZ tour
New Delhi: Out of favour England batsman Kevin Pietersen tweeted Friday that he hopes to make a comeback for England`s tour to New Zealand in February 2013.
In a reply to his friend Kiwi rugby player Dan Carter on the micro-blogging site, Pietersen tweeted: "Yep, @DanCarter DONE big guy. Hoping alls sorted & I`m on the NZ tour in Feb. If so I`ll bring you a gun of a bat!"
Carter, who had asked Pietersen for a new bat as the old one he presented had broken, also posted a picture of the broken bat on the site.
"@kevinpp24 I`m keen 4 a new bat tho. Smashed ur last 1 u gave me."
Pietersen, 32, is currently an expert commentator on TV in the ongoing World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka.
He also wished West Indies batsman Chris Gayle on his birthday tweeting: "A very happy birthday to my great mate @henrygayle! Who wants to see me interview him on ESPN Star Cricket? Please pressure him people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof