Pietersen hopes to be back for NZ tour
New Delhi: Out of favour England batsman Kevin Pietersen tweeted Friday that he hopes to make a comeback for England`s tour to New Zealand in February 2013.
In a reply to his friend Kiwi rugby player Dan Carter on the micro-blogging site, Pietersen tweeted: "Yep, @DanCarter DONE big guy. Hoping alls sorted & I`m on the NZ tour in Feb. If so I`ll bring you a gun of a bat!"
Carter, who had asked Pietersen for a new bat as the old one he presented had broken, also posted a picture of the broken bat on the site.
"@kevinpp24 I`m keen 4 a new bat tho. Smashed ur last 1 u gave me."
Pietersen, 32, is currently an expert commentator on TV in the ongoing World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka.
He also wished West Indies batsman Chris Gayle on his birthday tweeting: "A very happy birthday to my great mate @henrygayle! Who wants to see me interview him on ESPN Star Cricket? Please pressure him people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?