Pietersen to meet team-mates personally before England call-up
London: In an attempt to save his international career, embattled England cricketer Kevin Pietersen is expected to travel the length and breadth of the country to personally meet his team-mates and tender his apology to them.
According to a report in `The Sun` newspaper, Pietersen, who was axed from the England team in August on charges of sending provocative text messages to rival players during the Test series against South Africa, is due to talk face-to-face with team-mates such as Graeme Swann, James Anderson and Stuart Broad later this month.
"They won`t come to him he will have to visit them," the daily quoted an ECB source as saying.
England team director Andy Flower will then decide whether the batsman should be added to the squad for the four-Test tour of India, the newspaper report added.
Pietersen finally received a lifeline when, after long negotiations, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) offered him a four-month fresh contract, but with a clause that he must undergo a "reintegration" period before returning to the team.
As per the daily`s report, the 32-year-old has agreed to fly home from the upcoming Champions League Twenty20 in South Africa.
Pietersen`s IPL franchise, Delhi Daredevils, open their campaign in CLT20 on October 13, followed by their next game on October 19th and the batsman plans to return between those matches to meet his England team-mates.
England will assemble in Dubai on October 25 for a training camp before flying to India for Test series, starting in Ahmedabad on November 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional