‘Realist’ Ponting says will walk away before being dropped from Oz squad
London: Former Australian captain Ricky Ponting has said that he would rather walk away than allow the selectors to drop him from the Australian squad.
“I don`t think it would get to that. I`m a realist and, I`ll understand that if there`s players out there who can play the game better than me, I`ll be the first to accept it and walk away,” News.com.au quoted Ponting, as saying during an interview with cricket legend Ian Chappell.
“I`m not going to let it get to the stage where the selectors drop me. I think I`ll identify the right time,” he added.
Ponting, who would be facing the Proteas squad in a three-Test tour series, beginning on November 9, said he didn’t believe it was his ‘time’ yet, and therefore, currently wants to only focus on the Brisbane Test.
“I haven`t felt that yet at all so I know it`s not the right time. I`m just going to prepare for the Brisbane test match, hopefully get a few there and see what happens,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre