‘Realist’ Ponting says will walk away before being dropped from Oz squad
London: Former Australian captain Ricky Ponting has said that he would rather walk away than allow the selectors to drop him from the Australian squad.
“I don`t think it would get to that. I`m a realist and, I`ll understand that if there`s players out there who can play the game better than me, I`ll be the first to accept it and walk away,” News.com.au quoted Ponting, as saying during an interview with cricket legend Ian Chappell.
“I`m not going to let it get to the stage where the selectors drop me. I think I`ll identify the right time,” he added.
Ponting, who would be facing the Proteas squad in a three-Test tour series, beginning on November 9, said he didn’t believe it was his ‘time’ yet, and therefore, currently wants to only focus on the Brisbane Test.
“I haven`t felt that yet at all so I know it`s not the right time. I`m just going to prepare for the Brisbane test match, hopefully get a few there and see what happens,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!