Cowan warns Root could blossom like Hussey at No.6
Sydney: Australian Test opener Ed Cowan has said that England batsman Joe Root could blossom like Mike Hussey did in his team down the order at No.6.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Joe Root`s ego might have taken a hit, but the England batsman`s demotion in the batting order spells problems for Australia in the Ashes starting on Thursday.
Root was exposed by the Australian attack when opening the batting in the last series, but the baby-faced Yorkshireman has proven over 11 Test matches that he belongs at the highest level, the report said.
Cowan said that opening is a good place to learn about Test cricket and like we saw with Mike Hussey `s career, No.6 is a nice spot to bat if someone has had experience against a new ball before.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice