Cowan warns Root could blossom like Hussey at No.6
Sydney: Australian Test opener Ed Cowan has said that England batsman Joe Root could blossom like Mike Hussey did in his team down the order at No.6.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Joe Root`s ego might have taken a hit, but the England batsman`s demotion in the batting order spells problems for Australia in the Ashes starting on Thursday.
Root was exposed by the Australian attack when opening the batting in the last series, but the baby-faced Yorkshireman has proven over 11 Test matches that he belongs at the highest level, the report said.
Cowan said that opening is a good place to learn about Test cricket and like we saw with Mike Hussey `s career, No.6 is a nice spot to bat if someone has had experience against a new ball before.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises