Lyon on cusp of 100 Test wickets ahead of Boxing Day Test
Sydney: Australian spinner Nathan Lyon is within reach of his 100th Test wicket at the MCG this week, which is one reason why his work will be watched with more interest than usual, according to reports.
According to News.com.au, another is that Graeme Swann`s sudden retirement has provided cause to reflect on the value of a really good offie, even if most who ply that trade never attain true stardom, especially in Australia.
Swann was an authentic match-winner, with England triumphing in 30 of his 60 Tests, in which he claimed 150 of his 255 wickets, the report said.
Meanwhile, Australian bowling coach Craig McDermott said that Lyon had done an unbelievable job for his side, taking crucial wickets at crucial times.
This has taken Lyon`s career figures to 95 wickets at 33.04 in 28 Tests since he arrived in stunning fashion with 5-34 on debut in Sri Lanka two years ago, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India