Shetty happy with development of World Cup venues
Colombo: World Cup tournament director Ratnakar Shetty on Monday exuded confidence that the preparation for next year’s 50-over mega-event is on schedule and will be ready before the December 31 deadline.
Just 200 more days is to go before the opening match and Shetty said plans in all three host countries – India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh – were on track.
“The preparations for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 are on course and I’m happy with the progress we have been making,” Shetty said.
“Obviously, the readiness of the stadia is one of the key factors. The construction work is going ahead at a brisk pace which makes me confident that all the stadia will be ready by the end of this year,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers