Shetty happy with development of World Cup venues
Colombo: World Cup tournament director Ratnakar Shetty on Monday exuded confidence that the preparation for next year’s 50-over mega-event is on schedule and will be ready before the December 31 deadline.
Just 200 more days is to go before the opening match and Shetty said plans in all three host countries – India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh – were on track.
“The preparations for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 are on course and I’m happy with the progress we have been making,” Shetty said.
“Obviously, the readiness of the stadia is one of the key factors. The construction work is going ahead at a brisk pace which makes me confident that all the stadia will be ready by the end of this year,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed