Shetty happy with development of World Cup venues
Colombo: World Cup tournament director Ratnakar Shetty on Monday exuded confidence that the preparation for next year’s 50-over mega-event is on schedule and will be ready before the December 31 deadline.
Just 200 more days is to go before the opening match and Shetty said plans in all three host countries – India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh – were on track.
“The preparations for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 are on course and I’m happy with the progress we have been making,” Shetty said.
“Obviously, the readiness of the stadia is one of the key factors. The construction work is going ahead at a brisk pace which makes me confident that all the stadia will be ready by the end of this year,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO