SLPL denies Vindoo Dara Singh`s claim
Colombo: Sri Lanka Premier League on Wednesday denied Vindoo Dara Singh`s claims that two bookies had owned one of the franchises of the SLPL, which conducted its inaugural edition last year.
"No such names figure in the list of SLPL franchise owners," Ajith Jayasekera, the SLPL chief executive officer, told reporters reacting to Vindu`s claims that two bookies named Sanjay and Pawan are the `benami` owners of one of the franchises in the SLPL.
After the seven-franchise tournament ran into problems in 2011 with the BCCI not permitting the Indian players to take part in the tournament, the first edition, which was to be held the same year, was stalled.
This year`s edition will commence on August 3.
Around 55 foreign players took part in last year`s edition, but there were no participants from India and England.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL VIDEO: This is how Poonam Pandey showered love on RCB skipper Virat Kohli
- Nandita Das bats for rating system in certifying films
- This is how online companies may be cheating you on discounts!
- Bihar Board Intermediate Result: BSEB 12th Result 2016 to be declared shortly
- Sadhguru to lead yoga session at UN on 2nd International Yoga Day