SLPL denies Vindoo Dara Singh`s claim
Colombo: Sri Lanka Premier League on Wednesday denied Vindoo Dara Singh`s claims that two bookies had owned one of the franchises of the SLPL, which conducted its inaugural edition last year.
"No such names figure in the list of SLPL franchise owners," Ajith Jayasekera, the SLPL chief executive officer, told reporters reacting to Vindu`s claims that two bookies named Sanjay and Pawan are the `benami` owners of one of the franchises in the SLPL.
After the seven-franchise tournament ran into problems in 2011 with the BCCI not permitting the Indian players to take part in the tournament, the first edition, which was to be held the same year, was stalled.
This year`s edition will commence on August 3.
Around 55 foreign players took part in last year`s edition, but there were no participants from India and England.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?