SLPL denies Vindoo Dara Singh`s claim
Colombo: Sri Lanka Premier League on Wednesday denied Vindoo Dara Singh`s claims that two bookies had owned one of the franchises of the SLPL, which conducted its inaugural edition last year.
"No such names figure in the list of SLPL franchise owners," Ajith Jayasekera, the SLPL chief executive officer, told reporters reacting to Vindu`s claims that two bookies named Sanjay and Pawan are the `benami` owners of one of the franchises in the SLPL.
After the seven-franchise tournament ran into problems in 2011 with the BCCI not permitting the Indian players to take part in the tournament, the first edition, which was to be held the same year, was stalled.
This year`s edition will commence on August 3.
Around 55 foreign players took part in last year`s edition, but there were no participants from India and England.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan