Spot-fixing: Sreesanth was drunk at the time of his arrest
New Delhi: Fast bowler S. Sreesanth was drunk and with a women companion in an SUV outside a five-star hotel on Carter Road Mumbai, when a team of Delhi Police intercepted them.
Sreesanth began shouting and claimed he had close connections with the Kerala and Maharashtra chief ministers after he was accosted by police for alleged spot fixing.
"When a police officer showed him his identity card, initially he kept silent. But suddenly he started shouting and said that he knew the chief ministers of Maharashtra ad Kerala. How can they arrest him, he demanded," a source said.
He also handed over his mobile phone to the police officers asking them to call the chief ministers.
Sreesanth, 30, is in the custody of Delhi Police Special cell in connection with the spot fixing scandal busted with his arrest early Thursday morning. His two Rajasthan Royals teammates Ankeet Chavan and Ajit Chandila and 12 bookies have also been arrested
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested