Starc puts the Ashes before IPL riches
Sydney: Australian left-arm fast bowler Mitchell Starc has said that he will give a miss to the Indian Premier League Twenty20 tournament next year to prepare for the Starc is reportedly being offered up to 500,000 dollars to play in next year`s IPL, but he says he wants to be in peak condition for the Ashes.
The 22-year-old has played just two Tests in succession and is coming off a match-winning performance in Hobart, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.
It is understood he expects to play at the MCG against Sri Lanka, but the decision could be taken out of his hands by Cricket Australia``s team performance unit, which tells selectors if bowlers are in the danger zone for injury.
Such a move would deliver a Test debut to Jackson Bird, but would be controversial given the athletic left-armer Starc is in such dangerous form.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read