Statistical highlights: India Vs West Indies, 2nd ODI
Visakhapatnam: Statistical highlights of the second one-dayer between India and the West Indies.
• Umesh Yadav (3/38) has recorded his best bowling performance in ODIs, eclipsing the 2 for 32 against England at Hyderabad on October 14, 2011.
• Kieron Pollard (35 off 30 balls) has recorded his highest innings in India in ODIs. The said innings is his second highest against India - the highest is 70 off 72 balls at North Sound on June 13, 2011.
• Pollard has recorded two fifties in India – both against the non-Test playing countries - 94 against Ireland at Mohali on March 11, 2011 and 60 against Netherlands at Delhi on February 28, 2011.
• Lendl Simmons (78 off 102 balls) has recorded his third highest innings in ODIs - his two highest are 122 on October 13, 2011 and 80 on October 15, 2011 - both against Bangladesh at Dhaka.
• Simmons` 78 is his highest score in a losing cause, eclipsing the 70 against Pakistan at Lahore on December 10, 2006. He has posted six fifties in a losing cause in ODIs.
• In the course of 78, Simmons has completed his 1,000 runs in ODIs, aggregating 1063 at an average of 36.65 in 33 matches.
• Suresh Raina has posted his eighth duck in ODIs – his second against the West Indies.
• Rohit Sharma`s excellent 90 not out off 98 balls is his highest against the West Indies, eclipsing the 86 not out at North Sound on June 11, 2011.
• Rohit`s match-winning knock is his fifth fifty against the West Indies - his tenth in ODIs.
• Rohit enjoys an impressive record against the West Indies, averaging 72.33 - 434 runs in ten innings at a strike rate of 83.62.
• Rohit is averaging 58.50 in 13 ODIs in 2011 - 468 runs including five fifties.
• Rohit`s unbeaten 90 is his third best innings in ODIs - his two hundreds are 114 against Zimbabwe at Bulawayo on May 28, 2010 and 101 not out against Sri Lanka at Bulawayo on May 30, 2010.
• Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli were involved in a fourth wicket stand of 163 - the second highest for India against the West Indies - the highest is 165 between Mohammad Kaif and Yuvraj Singh at Colombo, RPS on August 7, 2005.
• The above partnership is the highest at ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium, eclipsing the 149 for the fourth wicket between Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Rahul Dravid against Pakistan on April 5, 2005.
• Sehwag record as captain is impressive - 66.66 per cent - six victories and three defeats out of 9 games. The said average is the highest amongst Indian captains in ODIs (minimum 6 games).
• At this venue, India have won all four ODIs - one each against Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Australia and West Indies.
• India (270/5) have recorded their second highest total while chasing against the West Indies - the highet is 325 for five at Ahmedabad on November 15, 2002.
• India have won eleven consecutive games in ODIs in India. South Africa was the last nation to register a victory against India in India by 3 wickets at Jamtha, Nagpur on March 12, 2011.
• Virat Kohli became the second batsman after Upul Tharanga to record four hundreds in ODIs in 2011. Kohli has registered five centuries in India and eight overall.
• Kohli`s 117 off 123 balls is his second highest innings in ODIs - the highest being 118 against Australia at the same venue on October 20, 2010. He has become the first batsman to record two hundreds at ADA-VDCA Cricket Stadium.
• Kohli is the top run-getter at this venue - 235 at an average of 117.50 in two matches
• Kohli has recorded his first century against the West Indies, obliterating the 94 at Kingston on June 16, 2011
• Kohli has posted seven hundreds in winning cause in ODIs.
• Kohli`s run-aggregate of 1258 at an average of 46.59 in 31 matches is exceeded only by England`s Jonathan Trott this year - 1315 in 29 matches at an average of 52.60.
• Kohli has been adjudged the Man of the Match for the seventh time in ODIs - his third against the West Indies.
• Ravi Rampaul (86 not out) has posted his career-best innings in ODIs - his maiden fifty.
• Rampaul`s previous best in ODIs was an unbeaten 26 against Zimbabwe at Harare on December 2, 2007.
• Rampaul`s innings is the highest individual knock by a number ten batsman in ODIs, bettering the 73 not by Pakistan`s Mohammad Amir against New Zealand at Abu Dhabi on November 9, 2009.
• Rampaul has posted six sixes - the most by a number ten batsman in an innings in ODIs.
• Adrian Barath has posted his second duck in ODIs – his first was against Sri Lanka at Colombo,SSC on February 6, 2011.
• Ravichandran Ashwin (10-0-74-1) has recorded his worst bowling figures with regard to runs conceded in an innings.
• Kemar Roach (24 not out) has registered his highest innings in ODIs. He had recorded 24 against Pakistan at Gros Islet on April 25, 2011.
• The unfinished 99-run partnership between Ravi Rampaul and Kemar Roach is the third highest for the tenth wicket in ODIs - the highest two being 106 (unbroken) by West Indian pair, Michael Holding and Vivian Richards against England at Old Trafford on May 31, 1984 and 103 by Pakistani pair Mohammad Amir and Saeed Ajmal against New Zealand at Abu Dhabi on November 9, 2009.
• The aforesaid stand had lasted 84 balls - the fourth highest in terms of balls faced by a tenth-wicket pair in ODIs - the highest is 105 faced by Ajay Jadeja and Javagal Srinath when they put on 62 against South Africa at Sharjah on March 22, 2000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Anti-burkini law would be `unconstitutional`: French minister
- Researchers find way to boost gene-editing tool efficiency
- British PM to put stamp on Brexit before G20 summit
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank