Statistical Highlights: Royal Challengers Bangalore Vs Somerset
Bangalore: Statistical highlights of the Champions League Twenty20 match between Royal Challengers Bangalore and Somerset on Monday.
• In Bangalore`s innings, 14 sixes were hit - a record in the Champions League, surpassing the 13 by Trinidad & Tobago against Eagles at Hyderabad on October 18, 2009.
• The match produced 20 sixes, equalling the Champions League record. The Trinidad vs Eagles encounter at Hyderabad on October 18, 2009 had registered 20 sixes.
• Peter Trego (58) has recorded his sixth fifty in Twenty20. He became the first Somerset batsman to register two fifties in the Champions League Twenty20.
• Trego is the first Somerset batsman to complete 200 runs in the Champions League, managing 202 at an average of 25.25 in nine matches.
• Royal Challengers Bangalore (206/6) registered the second highest total in the Champions League - the highest is 213 for four by Trinidad & Tobago against Eagles at Hyderabad (Deccan) on October 18, 2009.
• Apart from Bangalore and Trinidad, Chennai Super Kings is the only other team to have recorded 200 in the Champions League - 200 for three against Wayamba at Centurion on September 15, 2010
• Bangalore`s 206 for six is their highest in Twenty20, eclipsing their 205 for six against Punjab at Bangalore on May 6, 2011.
• Chris Gayle`s excellent 86 off 46 balls is the highest individual innings for Bangalore in the CL T20, outstripping the 73 not out by Jacques Kallis against Otago at Bangalore on October 12, 2009.
• During his knock, Gayle recorded eight sixes – the second highest in the Champions League Twenty20. Kieron Pollard hit nine sixes during his unbeaten 72 off 30 balls for Mumbai against Guyana at Durban on September 16, 2010.
• Gayle has now 144 sixes to his credit in Twenty20, emulating Kieron Pollard`s tally. Only David Hussey (167) and Ross Taylor (164) have posted more sixes than Gayle.
• Gayle posted his 14th fifty in Twenty20. He enjoys an excellent record for Bangalore in Twenty20, totalling 742 runs (ave.61.83) in 15 matches, including two centuries and four fifties.
• Alfonso Thomas has taken his wickets tally to 133 at an average of 20.31 in 112 matches in Twenty20, surpassing Albie Morkel`s tally of 131 wickets (ave.27.40) in 157 matches. Only Nannes has claimed more wickets than Thomas – 154 (ave.20.25) in T20 matches.
• Thomas has become the leading wicket-taker for Somerset in the Champions League - 11 at an average of 19.09 in nine matches.
• Virat Kohli became the leading run-getter for Bangalore in the Champions League 2011, aggregating 259 (ave.28.77) in 12 matches.
• Royal Challengers Bangalore`s 51-run win is their fifth in 12 matches (lost seven) in the Champions League Twenty20 - success % 41.66.
• Bangalore`s victory is their second biggest by runs margin in the Champions League Twenty20, next only to the 80-run triumph over Otago at Bangalore on October 12, 2009.
• Gayle has got his 13th Man of the Match award in Twenty20. Only Shahid Afridi and Brad Hodge have received more awards (14) in Twenty20.