ICC World T20: Sri Lanka fans hang themselves to death after defeat
Colombo: Two Sri Lankan youth unable to put up with the national team`s defeat in the ICC World Twenty20 cricket final against the West Indies have committed suicide, police said here today.
17-year-old Ashan Lakshitha, who returned home after watching the match on a giant screen at city`s Galle Face promenade, was found hanging on a mango tree early this morning.
Similarly, 21-year-old Mahendran Suresh from the central district town of Hatton hanged himself in his bed room.
Sri Lanka lost to West Indies last night by 36 runs, leaving a trail of disappointed fans.
This was Sri Lanka`s fourth World Cup final loss (two 50 overs and two T20s) across two categories.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley