ICC World T20: Sri Lanka fans hang themselves to death after defeat
Colombo: Two Sri Lankan youth unable to put up with the national team`s defeat in the ICC World Twenty20 cricket final against the West Indies have committed suicide, police said here today.
17-year-old Ashan Lakshitha, who returned home after watching the match on a giant screen at city`s Galle Face promenade, was found hanging on a mango tree early this morning.
Similarly, 21-year-old Mahendran Suresh from the central district town of Hatton hanged himself in his bed room.
Sri Lanka lost to West Indies last night by 36 runs, leaving a trail of disappointed fans.
This was Sri Lanka`s fourth World Cup final loss (two 50 overs and two T20s) across two categories.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?