Trinidad and Tobago aim for title in CL T20
Hyderabad: Finalists in the 2009 edition, West Indian team Trinidad and Tobago is aiming to go one better and lift the trophy at the Champions League Twenty20 starting here with the qualifying matches from September 19.
"If we can go one step further to what we did in 2009, it is a great feeling. This is probably a big stage, where we play as a national team. It is important for us to recognise that and try to give it our best," Trinidad and Tobago captain Darren Ganga told reporters ahead of the qualifying matches to be held here on September 19, 20 and 21.
"At the end of the day, it is an opportunity for the young players to enhance their reputations, probably to get into the West Indies side and an IPL team. There is everything to play for," he said.
Ganga said his team would try to do things differently in the CLT20 this year.
"Obviously, we cannot be predictable. So, there are going to be a few things we will do differently. I don`t want to share that with you. We want to keep it as a surprise to our oppositions. Hopefully, we can start well and bring lot of joy to the spectators," he said.
Recalling his team`s superb run in CLT20, Ganga said victory in the CLT20 2011 would promote the game back home.
"Yes, the experience of 2009 has shaped a lot of young cricketers` minds. There are many young cricketers who want to play now. Good performances here, probably winning this tournament, would do a lot of good to cricket not just in Trinidad and Tobago but in the Carribean," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’