Uganda to host ICC World Cricket League
Kampala: The International Cricket Council (ICC) has selected Uganda to host the World Cricket League (WCL) Division 3 tournament, a top sports official said here Wednesday.
Justine Ligyalingi, the Chief Executive Officer of the Uganda Cricket Association (UCA) said the country will host the event from October 26 to November 2, reports Xinhua.
"We are very happy that once again we have been given opportunity to host a big international event," he said.
He said the tournament will attract hosts Uganda, Nepal, Malaysia, Singapore, United States and Bermuda. The top two teams in the competition will earn promotion to the ICC WCL Division 2.
He said ICC Inspectors Edward Fitzgibbon (ICC Development Events Manager) and Sean Norris (ICC Security Manager) are in the country to inspect facilities.
He said at the end of their inspection, they will make recommendations to the UCA on what they feel should be done and also make a comprehensive report to the ICC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Arshad Warsi all set to don director's hat!
- GST Bill: Arun Jaitley to meet state finance ministers on Tuesday
- 'Madaari' Box Office collections: Irrfan Khan starrer mints Rs 5.75 crores
- Narsingh Yadav cries foul after dope test shock, says truth will come out
- CM Mehbooba Mufti favours abrogation of AFSPA from parts of J&K; says if successful it can be revoked in entirety