Uganda to host ICC World Cricket League
Kampala: The International Cricket Council (ICC) has selected Uganda to host the World Cricket League (WCL) Division 3 tournament, a top sports official said here Wednesday.
Justine Ligyalingi, the Chief Executive Officer of the Uganda Cricket Association (UCA) said the country will host the event from October 26 to November 2, reports Xinhua.
"We are very happy that once again we have been given opportunity to host a big international event," he said.
He said the tournament will attract hosts Uganda, Nepal, Malaysia, Singapore, United States and Bermuda. The top two teams in the competition will earn promotion to the ICC WCL Division 2.
He said ICC Inspectors Edward Fitzgibbon (ICC Development Events Manager) and Sean Norris (ICC Security Manager) are in the country to inspect facilities.
He said at the end of their inspection, they will make recommendations to the UCA on what they feel should be done and also make a comprehensive report to the ICC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees