Uganda to host ICC World Cricket League
Kampala: The International Cricket Council (ICC) has selected Uganda to host the World Cricket League (WCL) Division 3 tournament, a top sports official said here Wednesday.
Justine Ligyalingi, the Chief Executive Officer of the Uganda Cricket Association (UCA) said the country will host the event from October 26 to November 2, reports Xinhua.
"We are very happy that once again we have been given opportunity to host a big international event," he said.
He said the tournament will attract hosts Uganda, Nepal, Malaysia, Singapore, United States and Bermuda. The top two teams in the competition will earn promotion to the ICC WCL Division 2.
He said ICC Inspectors Edward Fitzgibbon (ICC Development Events Manager) and Sean Norris (ICC Security Manager) are in the country to inspect facilities.
He said at the end of their inspection, they will make recommendations to the UCA on what they feel should be done and also make a comprehensive report to the ICC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble