Uganda to host ICC World Cricket League
Kampala: The International Cricket Council (ICC) has selected Uganda to host the World Cricket League (WCL) Division 3 tournament, a top sports official said here Wednesday.
Justine Ligyalingi, the Chief Executive Officer of the Uganda Cricket Association (UCA) said the country will host the event from October 26 to November 2, reports Xinhua.
"We are very happy that once again we have been given opportunity to host a big international event," he said.
He said the tournament will attract hosts Uganda, Nepal, Malaysia, Singapore, United States and Bermuda. The top two teams in the competition will earn promotion to the ICC WCL Division 2.
He said ICC Inspectors Edward Fitzgibbon (ICC Development Events Manager) and Sean Norris (ICC Security Manager) are in the country to inspect facilities.
He said at the end of their inspection, they will make recommendations to the UCA on what they feel should be done and also make a comprehensive report to the ICC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Being overweight linked to eight more kinds of cancer
- Pentagon probes possible civilian casualties in Syria strike: official
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border