Ancelotti finds Paris Saint-Germain elimination tough to take
Barcelona: Paris Saint-Germain boss Carlo Ancelotti has admitted it will take some time for him to come to terms with his side`s Champions League heartbreak against Barcelona.
The Ligue 1 leaders looked set to record a sensational upset when Javier Pastore put them 1-0 on the night, and 3-2 ahead on aggregate, just five minutes into the second half of the second leg at Camp Nou.
However, Pedro equalised soon after for the hosts, who ultimately held on to progress to the final four on the away goals rule.
"Its hard to be eliminated after what we did tonight," Ancelotti told Canal+. "We were a little timid in the first leg and the result [2-2] was not good.
"But after tonight`s game, while we feel regret, we also feel pride. We are proud because we did everything possible to win.
"We played well - didn`t just defend - and that is why I want to thank all the players. We were so close to winning this game. This could have been a fantastic night for us."
PSG will now have to pick themselves back in time for this weekend`s Ligue 1 meeting with Troyes, with les Parisiens looking to extend the seven-point lead they currently hold over second-placed Marseille.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport