Arsenal`s Henry doubtful for United clash
London: Arsenal`s Thierry Henry and Thomas Vermaelen face late fitness tests ahead of Sunday`s clash with Manchester United but Mikel Arteta will not feature as Arsenal seek revenge for their 8-2 thrashing at Old Trafford in August.
"At the moment I don`t think he (Vermaelen) will make it for Sunday," manager Arsene Wenger said about the Belgian defender who has been out since New Year`s Eve. "Let`s hope we have a good surprise. Let`s see how he develops. There may be a test. At the moment we just go day by day but he looks short.
"(Henry) will have a test on Saturday; he has a calf problem. (Arteta) has no chance. The earliest for him is Aston Villa."
Fifth-place Arsenal are 12 points behind second-placed United but Wenger says the teams are evenly matched.
Manchester United defenders Chris Smalling and Phil Jones have recovered from injuries and are fit to face Arsenal.
"We`re a bit better in terms of injuries. Smalling and Jones will be fit," United manager Alex Ferguson said about the pair who missed the 3-0 victory over Bolton Wanderers last week.
There was further good news with midfielders Ashley Young and Tom Cleverley making progress with ankle injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future