Arsenal sweeps past FA Cup third round with 2-0 win over Tottenham
Johannesburg: Premier League leaders Arsenal has swept past rivals Tottenham Hotspur 2-0 in the third round of the FA Cup on Saturday.
Although new Tottenham manager had Tim Sherwood made only one change to his starting XI, which won at Manchester United in their previous outing, but they fell behind in the 31st minute at the Emirates Stadium when Santi Cazorla arrowed a left-foot shot in the 31st minute.
Sport24 reports that Spurs were unable to react and Tomas Rosicky sealed victory in the 62nd minute.
The game ended on a sour note for Arsenal when forward Theo Walcott had to be stretchered off after falling awkwardly, but he showed that he remained in high spirits by goading the visiting fans as he was carried away, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price