Arsenal sweeps past FA Cup third round with 2-0 win over Tottenham
Johannesburg: Premier League leaders Arsenal has swept past rivals Tottenham Hotspur 2-0 in the third round of the FA Cup on Saturday.
Although new Tottenham manager had Tim Sherwood made only one change to his starting XI, which won at Manchester United in their previous outing, but they fell behind in the 31st minute at the Emirates Stadium when Santi Cazorla arrowed a left-foot shot in the 31st minute.
Sport24 reports that Spurs were unable to react and Tomas Rosicky sealed victory in the 62nd minute.
The game ended on a sour note for Arsenal when forward Theo Walcott had to be stretchered off after falling awkwardly, but he showed that he remained in high spirits by goading the visiting fans as he was carried away, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Attention TV lovers, we have a good news for 'Sarabhai vs Sarabhai' fans! - Read more
- News Television Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags best news channel website honour
- Say Whaaat! Winners of Sunny Leone, Rannvijay Singha's 'Splitsvilla 9' already decided?
- Google-backed transpacific submarine cable between US and Japan goes live today!
- WOAH! Gautam Gambhir absolutely destroys Ravi Shastri - Here are his scathing comments