Arsenal sweeps past FA Cup third round with 2-0 win over Tottenham
Johannesburg: Premier League leaders Arsenal has swept past rivals Tottenham Hotspur 2-0 in the third round of the FA Cup on Saturday.
Although new Tottenham manager had Tim Sherwood made only one change to his starting XI, which won at Manchester United in their previous outing, but they fell behind in the 31st minute at the Emirates Stadium when Santi Cazorla arrowed a left-foot shot in the 31st minute.
Sport24 reports that Spurs were unable to react and Tomas Rosicky sealed victory in the 62nd minute.
The game ended on a sour note for Arsenal when forward Theo Walcott had to be stretchered off after falling awkwardly, but he showed that he remained in high spirits by goading the visiting fans as he was carried away, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened