close
This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

Balotelli wants to stay with Manchester City

London: Italian striker Mario Balotelli said he had no plans to leave Manchester City despite reports of rifts between him and manager Roberto Mancini.

Mancini had said last week that he would "probably" try to sell Balotelli this summer but the 21 year-old`s agent said there is now no question of him leaving.

"I have spoken to Mario and to Mancini. Mario has to grow and he will do so in Manchester. Manchester City has no intention of selling him, on the contrary, they want to grow together," Mino Raiola, Balotelli`s agent, was quoted as saying by The Daily Telegraph.

"There was a tense time between them but now all is calm. He (Balotelli) has always stated that he is happy in Manchester and finding his balance. Of course, that balance is lost when things don`t go well.”

"Mario has understood his mistakes in every sense. Of course, he misses Italy and it`s only normal as his family and his friends are there. I think that once Mario decides to return to Italy, there will be a big derby for his services. But right now is not the time, perhaps in one or two years` time," said Raiola.

The Italian striker`s future was doubtful after his extraordinary breach of discipline in Sunday`s match against Arsenal but. But the situation has calmed after swift talks with Mancini and an immediate public apology.

After the match, Balotelli escaped with only a three-game ban. He will be available for Manchester derby slated for April 30 as Manchester City, will try to further reduce the gap with leaders United. City have closed the gap on Manchester United to only five points.

IANS

From Zee News

0 Comment - Join the Discussions