Barcelona desperate for Champions League glory: Villa
Madrid: David Villa has stressed that Barcelona are desperate to make it to the Champions League final at the expense of Bayern Munich as they set their sights on their fourth European title of the 21st century.
The Catalans previously came out victorious in 2005-06, 2008-09 and 2010-11 and Villa is determined to bring the trophy back to Barcelona once more this season, particularly given their past successes at Wembley.
"We desperately want to return to Wembley again," the Spain international was quoted as saying by El Mundo Deportivo.
Villa played a key role in his side`s Champions League win two seasons ago and he has fond memories of his goal in Barca`s 3-1 win over Manchester United.
"That was the most important goal of my career so far," he claimed.
This season`s Champions League final takes place at Wembley on May 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'