Benitez says Chelsea players 100% behind him despite bust-up with Terry
London: Interim Chelsea manager Rafael Benitez has claimed the players at the club are hundred percent behind him despite a heated bust-up with captain John Terry.
The former Liverpool manager insists he does not fear being knifed in the back by his players, the Sun reports. Benitez confirmed reports of a training ground row with Blues veteran Terry following Sunday`s 2-0 loss at Manchester City.
Benitez said it was a very brief exchange of ideas and that was it, adding it was a meeting between players and technical staff to exchange opinions and disappointment is normal after a defeat.
The Spaniard added he could guarantee the players are behind their ideas and believe 100 per cent in what they are trying to do.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Revealed! How Diana Penty prepped up for her character in 'Happy Bhag Jayegi' – Details inside
- No more surge pricing for Ola, Uber, others; all taxis to charge govt-set fares in Delhi from today
- Flood situation remains grim in UP, MP and Bihar; Ganga flowing above danger mark
- Grand welcome back home: PV Sindhu, Pullela Gopichand thank Telangana government for wonderful reception
- Imtiaz Ali permitted Shah Rukh Khan to upload this picture from the sets of 'The Ring'! – View inside