Benitez says Chelsea players 100% behind him despite bust-up with Terry
London: Interim Chelsea manager Rafael Benitez has claimed the players at the club are hundred percent behind him despite a heated bust-up with captain John Terry.
The former Liverpool manager insists he does not fear being knifed in the back by his players, the Sun reports. Benitez confirmed reports of a training ground row with Blues veteran Terry following Sunday`s 2-0 loss at Manchester City.
Benitez said it was a very brief exchange of ideas and that was it, adding it was a meeting between players and technical staff to exchange opinions and disappointment is normal after a defeat.
The Spaniard added he could guarantee the players are behind their ideas and believe 100 per cent in what they are trying to do.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details