Brazil striker Fred out for three months
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil striker Fred could be sidelined for the next three months with a thigh injury.
Scans Monday revealed that damage to Fred`s right quadriceps muscle was worse than first thought, local newspaper Estado de S.Paulo reported.
The Fluminense star suffered the injury during his team`s 0-2 loss to Santos in the Campeonato Brasileiro last Saturday.
The 29-year-old has been replaced in Brazil squad for Saturday`s international friendly against Australia by Corinthians forward Alexandre Pato.
Australia were also dealt a blow when former Everton midfielder Tim Cahill withdrew from the match in Brasilia with an ankle injury.
The New York Red Bulls veteran was forced off the field early in the second half during his team`s 2-1 victory over DC United in the MLS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report