Brazil striker Fred out for three months
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil striker Fred could be sidelined for the next three months with a thigh injury.
Scans Monday revealed that damage to Fred`s right quadriceps muscle was worse than first thought, local newspaper Estado de S.Paulo reported.
The Fluminense star suffered the injury during his team`s 0-2 loss to Santos in the Campeonato Brasileiro last Saturday.
The 29-year-old has been replaced in Brazil squad for Saturday`s international friendly against Australia by Corinthians forward Alexandre Pato.
Australia were also dealt a blow when former Everton midfielder Tim Cahill withdrew from the match in Brasilia with an ankle injury.
The New York Red Bulls veteran was forced off the field early in the second half during his team`s 2-1 victory over DC United in the MLS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda