Brazil striker Fred out for three months
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil striker Fred could be sidelined for the next three months with a thigh injury.
Scans Monday revealed that damage to Fred`s right quadriceps muscle was worse than first thought, local newspaper Estado de S.Paulo reported.
The Fluminense star suffered the injury during his team`s 0-2 loss to Santos in the Campeonato Brasileiro last Saturday.
The 29-year-old has been replaced in Brazil squad for Saturday`s international friendly against Australia by Corinthians forward Alexandre Pato.
Australia were also dealt a blow when former Everton midfielder Tim Cahill withdrew from the match in Brasilia with an ankle injury.
The New York Red Bulls veteran was forced off the field early in the second half during his team`s 2-1 victory over DC United in the MLS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price