Brazil striker Fred out for three months
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil striker Fred could be sidelined for the next three months with a thigh injury.
Scans Monday revealed that damage to Fred`s right quadriceps muscle was worse than first thought, local newspaper Estado de S.Paulo reported.
The Fluminense star suffered the injury during his team`s 0-2 loss to Santos in the Campeonato Brasileiro last Saturday.
The 29-year-old has been replaced in Brazil squad for Saturday`s international friendly against Australia by Corinthians forward Alexandre Pato.
Australia were also dealt a blow when former Everton midfielder Tim Cahill withdrew from the match in Brasilia with an ankle injury.
The New York Red Bulls veteran was forced off the field early in the second half during his team`s 2-1 victory over DC United in the MLS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing