Cameroon are one of the strongest I`ve played against: Chhetri
New Delhi: India will have to play like a "team possessed" if they are to win the Nehru Cup final against strong Cameroon here tomorrow, says skipper Sunil Chhetri.
"Every team takes the field with a sole aim to win. But it`s not that easy every time. We need to play to our potential and not bother about other aspects. We need to play like a team possessed," said Chhetri on the eve of the final.
The tournament has hosted many a quality teams since its revival in 2007, but Chhetri placed Cameroon at the top, describing them as a "class side".
"They are a very strong side. In fact, among all the teams that I have played against in the Nehru Cup since 2007, this is the most capable side. They are a class side," the Portugal-returned striker said.
Elaborating on his answer, he said, "I have been fortunate enough to play against Japan, Australia, South Korea donning the national jersey and I can tell you they (Cameroon) are among the strongest teams I have played against."
Assessing the hosts` performance against the Africans in the last round-robin league encounter, which the former lost 0-1, Chhetri said he was proud of his teammates` display.
"I`m very proud of the manner we played. We came back strongly after conceding an early goal. They didn`t have many shots at our goal except for the penalty and the last-minute chance. Instead, we created more openings and should have scored," Chhetri, who was rested for the match, said.
The striker said Wim Koevermans` wards have been in constant touch with his former teammates Bhaichung Bhutia and Rennedy Singh.
"We speak almost every alternate day and it`s not just me; it`s the entire team who is in touch with him. He is very involved with the team. And it`s not Bhaichung alone but even Rennedy Singh and others. I`m sure they are following us and want us to win as much we want to win," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog