Casillas is a great captain: Van der Sar
London: Former Manchester United `keeper Edwin van der Sar has hailed the achievements of Iker Casillas.
The Spain star has been sidelined since fracturing his thumb during the Copa del Rey clash with Valencia on January 20, but has been named in Real Madrid`s travelling party for the second leg of their last 16 Champions League clash at Old Trafford.
Prior to his injury, Casillas had lost his place in the Blancos line-up amid rumours of a bust-up with coach Jose Mourinho.
But Van der Sar has moved to heap praise on the 31-year-old and hail his impact for both club and country since making his debut back in 1999.
"What can we say about Casillas? He is 31-years-old and has won everything," he told reporters.
"I think he started playing for the first team of Real Madrid at the age of 17 or 18 , that says everything.
"He has been wonderful for all this time for both Real Madrid and the Spanish national team.
"I do not know him personally, but I see him, I read his interviews, and I`ve never heard anything bad about him. He`s a great captain for Real Madrid and for Spain."
Los Blancos face Sir Alex Ferguson`s men on Tuesday, with the game tied at 1-1 after the first leg at the Santiago Bernabeu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations