Chelsea may have to shell out 80 million pounds in bid to bag Man Utd striker Rooney
London: Chelsea seeking to acquire Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney will have to shell out a whopping 80 million pounds.
After Man Utd made it clear that Rooney wants to take exit from Old Trafford, Chelsea is on alert to strike a deal for the player.
According to a report, Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho is aware that Rooney wants a five-year deal and 200,000 pound-a-week to quit Man Utd.
Chelsea will be required to put in a further 28 million pounds for Rooney`s transfer fee.
The report added that Rooney expressed dissent over new boss David Moyes` comments that he would play as a substitute for Robin Van Persie.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Swiss fighter jet missing, believed crashed: Ministry
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir