Cologne agree to Arsenal`s offer for Podolski
London: German football club Cologne have accepted English club Arsenal`s 10.8 million pound bid for their striker Lukas Podolski.
Podolski is now due at Emirates Stadium once the Bundesliga season ends and will sign a four-year deal worth over 100,000 pound a week.
Arsenal defender Per Mertesacker admitted Wednesday that he had been quizzed by his international team-mate about life at the London club.
"He has been very interested for the past few weeks," the Arsenal centre-back was quoted as saying by Daily Mail.
"He has sent me a number of text messages, and I have told him this is a great place to work and Arsenal are an amazing club."
Polish-born Podolski is in his second spell at Cologne, after pl;aying for three years with German giants Bayern Munich. He has netted an impressive 16 times in Bundesliga this season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price