Cologne agree to Arsenal`s offer for Podolski
London: German football club Cologne have accepted English club Arsenal`s 10.8 million pound bid for their striker Lukas Podolski.
Podolski is now due at Emirates Stadium once the Bundesliga season ends and will sign a four-year deal worth over 100,000 pound a week.
Arsenal defender Per Mertesacker admitted Wednesday that he had been quizzed by his international team-mate about life at the London club.
"He has been very interested for the past few weeks," the Arsenal centre-back was quoted as saying by Daily Mail.
"He has sent me a number of text messages, and I have told him this is a great place to work and Arsenal are an amazing club."
Polish-born Podolski is in his second spell at Cologne, after pl;aying for three years with German giants Bayern Munich. He has netted an impressive 16 times in Bundesliga this season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened