Damiao hails Forlan impact
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil forward Leandro Damiao hailed strike partner Diego Forlan after the pair netted three goals between them in Internacional`s 4-1 victory over Juventude.
The Uruguay frontman scored a double while Damiao struck one and set up two during the Campeonato Gaucho clash in Porto Alegre Sunday.
"Playing alongside Diego makes everything easier," Damiao said after the match.
"I try to help him as much as possible and we are managing to win matches. The ball is getting down to us and we have been able to combine well."
Forlan, who won the Golden Ball for outstanding player of the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, has now scored nine goals in 2013 and Damiao eight.
Internacional coach Dunga praised the duo`s on-field understanding.
"The opposition defence today (Monday) allowed them space to play closer together," said the former Brazil coach and 1994 World Cup-winning midfielder.
"From the outset we were working hard to get them to play closer to each other and fortunately that`s how it turned out."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital