David Villa won’t be sold this season, says Rosell
Barcelona: Barcelona president Sandro Rosell has insisted that the Primera Division leaders have no intention of selling David Villa.
It was reported that Arsenal have made a formal approach for the Spain international as they aim to strengthen their attack this winter.
However, the Catalans have stressed that Villa still has a role to play at the Camp Nou side as they are fighting for silverware in La Liga, Copa del Rey and the Champions League.
"I absolutely reject the notion that David Villa could leave Barcelona this winter," Rosell was quoted as saying by Sport.
"David is one of our players and we need him in the second half of the season."
The 31-year-old has a contract with Barcelona until the summer of 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra