David Villa won’t be sold this season, says Rosell
Barcelona: Barcelona president Sandro Rosell has insisted that the Primera Division leaders have no intention of selling David Villa.
It was reported that Arsenal have made a formal approach for the Spain international as they aim to strengthen their attack this winter.
However, the Catalans have stressed that Villa still has a role to play at the Camp Nou side as they are fighting for silverware in La Liga, Copa del Rey and the Champions League.
"I absolutely reject the notion that David Villa could leave Barcelona this winter," Rosell was quoted as saying by Sport.
"David is one of our players and we need him in the second half of the season."
The 31-year-old has a contract with Barcelona until the summer of 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police