David Villa won’t be sold this season, says Rosell
Barcelona: Barcelona president Sandro Rosell has insisted that the Primera Division leaders have no intention of selling David Villa.
It was reported that Arsenal have made a formal approach for the Spain international as they aim to strengthen their attack this winter.
However, the Catalans have stressed that Villa still has a role to play at the Camp Nou side as they are fighting for silverware in La Liga, Copa del Rey and the Champions League.
"I absolutely reject the notion that David Villa could leave Barcelona this winter," Rosell was quoted as saying by Sport.
"David is one of our players and we need him in the second half of the season."
The 31-year-old has a contract with Barcelona until the summer of 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read