Dibaba sets new indoor 2-mile world record
London: Ethiopia`s Genzebe Dibaba set a new world record in the indoor two miles on Saturday with victory in a time of 9min 0.48sec at the Birmingham Indoor Grand Prix.
The achievement saw Dibaba improve compatriot Meseret Defar`s previous mark of 9:06.28, set in Prague in 2009, by almost six seconds.
It was the third time she had set a new indoor world record this month, after previous record-breaking feats in the 1500m in Karlsruhe, Germany and the 3,000m in Stockholm.
The 23-year-old is the sister of three-time Olympic champion Tirunesh Dibaba and Olympic silver-medallist Ejegayehu Dibaba.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II