Dibaba sets new indoor 2-mile world record
London: Ethiopia`s Genzebe Dibaba set a new world record in the indoor two miles on Saturday with victory in a time of 9min 0.48sec at the Birmingham Indoor Grand Prix.
The achievement saw Dibaba improve compatriot Meseret Defar`s previous mark of 9:06.28, set in Prague in 2009, by almost six seconds.
It was the third time she had set a new indoor world record this month, after previous record-breaking feats in the 1500m in Karlsruhe, Germany and the 3,000m in Stockholm.
The 23-year-old is the sister of three-time Olympic champion Tirunesh Dibaba and Olympic silver-medallist Ejegayehu Dibaba.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience