Dibaba sets new indoor 2-mile world record
London: Ethiopia`s Genzebe Dibaba set a new world record in the indoor two miles on Saturday with victory in a time of 9min 0.48sec at the Birmingham Indoor Grand Prix.
The achievement saw Dibaba improve compatriot Meseret Defar`s previous mark of 9:06.28, set in Prague in 2009, by almost six seconds.
It was the third time she had set a new indoor world record this month, after previous record-breaking feats in the 1500m in Karlsruhe, Germany and the 3,000m in Stockholm.
The 23-year-old is the sister of three-time Olympic champion Tirunesh Dibaba and Olympic silver-medallist Ejegayehu Dibaba.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore