Didier Drogba in talks with Mourinho to play for Real Madrid
London: The hero of Chelsea’s Champions League triumph, Didier Drogba, is considering a reunion with former boss Jose Mourinho at Real Madrid.
The Spanish champions want Drogba and talks have taken place between representatives of the two parties over a two-year contract.
Mourinho brought Drogba to Chelsea in 2004 and was on the Portuguese’s wish list last year, only for talks to falter over his transfer valuation.
However, now that Mourinho has total control of transfers at the Bernabeu and Drogba is a free agent, the deal is back on, The Daily Mail reports.
The Ivory Coast striker has drawn interest from clubs in Spain, Italy, Germany and Russia, while a lucrative offer from Chinese side Shanghai Shenhua was seemingly on the verge of being accepted.
Mourinho wants to win the Champions League for Real Madrid and the prospect of another European glory may be enough to bring Drogba.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?