Didier Drogba in talks with Mourinho to play for Real Madrid
London: The hero of Chelsea’s Champions League triumph, Didier Drogba, is considering a reunion with former boss Jose Mourinho at Real Madrid.
The Spanish champions want Drogba and talks have taken place between representatives of the two parties over a two-year contract.
Mourinho brought Drogba to Chelsea in 2004 and was on the Portuguese’s wish list last year, only for talks to falter over his transfer valuation.
However, now that Mourinho has total control of transfers at the Bernabeu and Drogba is a free agent, the deal is back on, The Daily Mail reports.
The Ivory Coast striker has drawn interest from clubs in Spain, Italy, Germany and Russia, while a lucrative offer from Chinese side Shanghai Shenhua was seemingly on the verge of being accepted.
Mourinho wants to win the Champions League for Real Madrid and the prospect of another European glory may be enough to bring Drogba.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption