Didier Drogba in talks with Mourinho to play for Real Madrid
London: The hero of Chelsea’s Champions League triumph, Didier Drogba, is considering a reunion with former boss Jose Mourinho at Real Madrid.
The Spanish champions want Drogba and talks have taken place between representatives of the two parties over a two-year contract.
Mourinho brought Drogba to Chelsea in 2004 and was on the Portuguese’s wish list last year, only for talks to falter over his transfer valuation.
However, now that Mourinho has total control of transfers at the Bernabeu and Drogba is a free agent, the deal is back on, The Daily Mail reports.
The Ivory Coast striker has drawn interest from clubs in Spain, Italy, Germany and Russia, while a lucrative offer from Chinese side Shanghai Shenhua was seemingly on the verge of being accepted.
Mourinho wants to win the Champions League for Real Madrid and the prospect of another European glory may be enough to bring Drogba.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: After Lajpat Nagar, another person shot in Chawri Bazar
- 13 new smart cities announced; Lucknow tops list
- NEET: Centre's Ordinance gets President's nod
- Delhi's fruits and vegetables lack essential nutrients: AIIMS study
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- World's cheapest smartphone Namotel Acache Din at Rs 99 closes booking today
- Lawsuit filed seeking transparency in US' H-1B visa lottery
- NEET not deferred but implemented from May 1, President's nod has given it statutory support: JP Nadda
- Monsanto jumps 7% on withdrawal of Bt cotton notification
- Rajnath Singh vows to bring Dawood Ibrahim back to India, adds no threat from Islamic State