Drogba makes immediate impact in China
Shanghai: Former Chelsea football star Didier Drogba made an immediate impact on his debut for the Chinese Super League side Shanghai Shenhua setting up an equaliser in a 1-1 draw against Guangzhou R&F.
Shenhua were struggling in the first half after conceding a goal by Brazilian defender Moises in the 21st minute. However, Drogba`s entry instantly transformed their fortunes in their away game.
Drogba entered the field at half time, almost scoring with his first touch of the ball in the 52nd minute late Sunday.
The Ivory Coast striker in the 68th minute made an exquisite through ball which found Shanghain playmaker Cao Yunding, who rounded the keeper to equalise.
The match was notable for being the first time Drogba and Nicolas Anelka - who were Chelsea teammates - have played together at Shenhua. Anelka sealed a 175000 pounds a week move from Chelsea last December.
Drogba joined his former team mate after signing a deal which reports suggest is worth 200000 pounds a week, making him the highest-paid player in China and in the top bracket globally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte says Southeast Asia will insist China respects sea ruling
- PC shipment grew 7.2% in Q2 2016, HP leads: IDC
- Army asks police to find if drones being flown in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- CRPF trooper killed in landslide near Vaishno Devi shrine
- Defamation case: Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Mahatma Gandhi's assassination