Fergie warns Rooney against missing anymore penalties!
London: Manchester United boss Alex Ferguson has warned Wayne Rooney that his success rate from the penalty spot must improve.
Although Rooney scored from the spot in United’s 3-1 win at Braga in midweek, he missed in last weekend’s 2-1 win over Arsenal.
And Ferguson has told the United star that he cannot afford any more slip-ups.
“Wayne has to accept he has to have a better strike rate with penalties,’ said the United boss. ‘He has to produce better, but he’s capable. His penalty the other night, even though he slipped, hit the target and that’s important,” the Daily Mail quoted Ferguson, as saying.
“You need to make sure the keeper has to make a great save. If he does, full marks to him. The one thing about Rooney is that it wouldn’t matter if it was a World Cup final or a League Cup first round game against an amateur team, he would still want to score,” he added.
Rooney has missed four penalties from nine in 2012 but the United boss said there was no question of him relinquishing his spot-kick duties.
“No chance. But he will not want to miss another one,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’