Ferguson meets Guardiola sparking replacement rumours
London: Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson once again met Pep Guardiola in New York this week, sparking rumour that the former Barcelona manager might be ready to take over from him at Old Trafford next season. Ferguson flew out to the Big Apple with wife Cathy for a pre-Christmas break, but he also arranged to meet Guardiola, as he is understood to have done twice before, in the American city where both men have apartments.
It is not clear whether the United boss, who turns 71 on New Year’s Eve, will extend his 26-year reign beyond this season, the Sun reports. Guardiola is available and the Old Trafford job is his No 1 target ahead of Bayern Munich and Chelsea. The Spaniard is United’s preferred option ahead of Jose Mourinho but Everton boss David Moyes is also heavily favoured by Ferguson and the board. Guardiola quit Barca at the end of last season after winning three Spanish titles and two Champions Leagues, both at the expense of United in the final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah