Ferguson meets Guardiola sparking replacement rumours
London: Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson once again met Pep Guardiola in New York this week, sparking rumour that the former Barcelona manager might be ready to take over from him at Old Trafford next season. Ferguson flew out to the Big Apple with wife Cathy for a pre-Christmas break, but he also arranged to meet Guardiola, as he is understood to have done twice before, in the American city where both men have apartments.
It is not clear whether the United boss, who turns 71 on New Year’s Eve, will extend his 26-year reign beyond this season, the Sun reports. Guardiola is available and the Old Trafford job is his No 1 target ahead of Bayern Munich and Chelsea. The Spaniard is United’s preferred option ahead of Jose Mourinho but Everton boss David Moyes is also heavily favoured by Ferguson and the board. Guardiola quit Barca at the end of last season after winning three Spanish titles and two Champions Leagues, both at the expense of United in the final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress