Manchester United agree £17m Zaha deal
London: Wilfried Zaha will become a Manchester United player after agreeing the terms of a £17 million move from Crystal Palace.
The 20-year-old has agreed a five-and-a-half-year contract with the Premier League giants and his registration will be transferred in the coming days, even though he will be loaned back to the Championship club for the rest of the season.
Zaha is also due to undertake a medical in the next 48 hours as United wrap up the deal.
Sources have told Goal.com that Palace chairman Steve Parish, who is believed to be in Australia, had hoped to hang on to Zaha’s registration until the summer, with the two clubs agreeing a ‘guaranteed date of purchase’.
However, Football League rules forbid such an agreement and United have been keen to complete the deal this week.
As revealed by Goal.com on Monday, Palace have negotiated a fee of £15m, rising to £17m with performance-related add-ons.
This was enough to blow Arsenal out of the water after the two Premier League big hitters became involved in a two-horse race to sign the coveted forward.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video