Manchester United agree £17m Zaha deal
London: Wilfried Zaha will become a Manchester United player after agreeing the terms of a £17 million move from Crystal Palace.
The 20-year-old has agreed a five-and-a-half-year contract with the Premier League giants and his registration will be transferred in the coming days, even though he will be loaned back to the Championship club for the rest of the season.
Zaha is also due to undertake a medical in the next 48 hours as United wrap up the deal.
Sources have told Goal.com that Palace chairman Steve Parish, who is believed to be in Australia, had hoped to hang on to Zaha’s registration until the summer, with the two clubs agreeing a ‘guaranteed date of purchase’.
However, Football League rules forbid such an agreement and United have been keen to complete the deal this week.
As revealed by Goal.com on Monday, Palace have negotiated a fee of £15m, rising to £17m with performance-related add-ons.
This was enough to blow Arsenal out of the water after the two Premier League big hitters became involved in a two-horse race to sign the coveted forward.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested