Manchester United midfielder Anderson pushing for summer exit?
London: Manchester United midfielder Anderson wants to leave the club at the end of the season due to fears that a lack of first-team football will put paid to his chances of playing for Brazil at the 2014 World Cup.
A number of South American clubs are interested in signing the 24-year-old, while Porto are also hoping to bring him back to the Estadio do Dragao on a loan deal.
United could even use Anderson as a makeweight in any potential move for Porto`s highly-rated Colombian attacker James Rodriguez.
"Anderson is desperate to play for Brazil in 2014 and knows he needs some regular match time," a source close to the club told Goal.com.
"Sir Alex can`t offer him the first-team football that he wants."
The Red Devils value the midfielder at between €18 million and €24m and would welcome a permanent sale, but do not envisage any of the interested parties being able to come up with the full amount.
A number of Brazilian clubs have used third-party sponsors to fund the signings of big-name players in recent years, most notably when Flamengo captured Ronaldinho from AC Milan in 2011.
But if that scenario does not materialise, United see a loan move back to Porto as the ideal situation for both club and player.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir