Manchester United midfielder Anderson pushing for summer exit?
London: Manchester United midfielder Anderson wants to leave the club at the end of the season due to fears that a lack of first-team football will put paid to his chances of playing for Brazil at the 2014 World Cup.
A number of South American clubs are interested in signing the 24-year-old, while Porto are also hoping to bring him back to the Estadio do Dragao on a loan deal.
United could even use Anderson as a makeweight in any potential move for Porto`s highly-rated Colombian attacker James Rodriguez.
"Anderson is desperate to play for Brazil in 2014 and knows he needs some regular match time," a source close to the club told Goal.com.
"Sir Alex can`t offer him the first-team football that he wants."
The Red Devils value the midfielder at between €18 million and €24m and would welcome a permanent sale, but do not envisage any of the interested parties being able to come up with the full amount.
A number of Brazilian clubs have used third-party sponsors to fund the signings of big-name players in recent years, most notably when Flamengo captured Ronaldinho from AC Milan in 2011.
But if that scenario does not materialise, United see a loan move back to Porto as the ideal situation for both club and player.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested