Ferguson believes Moyes, not Guardiola ‘top contender’ to replace him at Man U
London: Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson believes Everton boss David Moyes is the right man to replace him at Old Trafford after he retires despite former Barcelona manager Pep Guardiola wanting the job.
Ferguson believes Moyes is better suited at guiding United in the long term, and the Scot feels current Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho should be considered ahead of Guardiola.
Former Barcelona coach Guardiola is eyeing up the Reds as his next job once Ferguson retires, and the pair is even understood to be meeting this weekend in New York.
However, Ferguson admires Guardiola but feels his close friend Moyes, offers a better understanding of English football’s demands. “The talk about Manchester United appointing Guardiola is a little premature,” the Daily Express quoted a source close to one of the United senior players, as saying.
“He actually has two preferred choices – David Moyes and Jose Mourinho. Moyes and Fergie are close and Fergie begrudgingly admires how Moyes has ‘outfoxed’ him and many other teams over the years,” the source added.
“Fergie admires Jose greatly but there are concerns that Jose’s manner and media links could make him become bigger than the club,” the source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand